Tuesday, November 6, 2007

#22 Audiobooks (or "The end is in sight")

This exercise was interesting as I work for the Vision Australia Library – we deal with non print materials – the formats that we mostly lend are Audio Books & Braille titles.

I had a bit of a play around with some of the sites
– in particular the Gutenberg Project.

It seemed to have quite a few books available for free. There were quite a few languages available. Some of the catalogue records may be useful if you are cataloguing at any stage.

The main downside that I noticed was that the titles were quite old – ones that are no longer under copyright. I tend to read more modern titles so there weren’t any that really caught my eye. But for anyone that is interested in the “Classics” they would have a field day.

No comments: